View Single Post
Old 02/09/2018, 01:45 PM   #1
ShadQ
Registered Member

Acrylic 60 gallon cube build

I started this build a year and a half ago. It's been about 5 years since my last tank and after buying my house I instantly got the itch to build another, but this time pulling out all the stops.
Sometimes I question myself as to why I'm building such am elaborate system for a 60 gallon and always come back to the answer... why the hell not??
My goal was a room all it's own for the filtration and a dead silent display in the living room. I also never wanted to carry a 5 gallon bucket of water again.
First things first. I live in New England in a house that was built in 1900. The service on the house was a modest 100 amps and supplied the 2800 square foot house with power.. absolutely not going to work. So my first job was to have a 200 amp service change done. Next I had to have the foundation, field stone and brick repaired, and build the 14 x 18 foot room in the far back corner of the basement directly below where my display was going to be. From there it was the plumbing, bringing the circuits over, 2 20 amp, sheet rock and finish.
I had my cube and matching cube sump custom built. But soon decided that I have a full room yo work in so why not expand and Frankenstein some equipment I had kicking around for a few years. So I decided to plumb in an eshopps rs 200 and have plenty of space for a refugium and control space for probes and such.
Here are a few pictures of it to date.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ShadQ is offline   Reply With Quote