View Single Post
Old 12/06/2017, 11:27 PM   #10
mikenh77
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
I guess it depends on the kind of sea hare and the kind of tank you have. For example, my tank is a macro algae and seagrass tank. The sea hares I have eat macros. They have almost wiped out one species of caulerpa that I'd prefer to keep. That's why I do not want them.

I suppose if you had a micro algae problem and your sea hares ate micro algae, you would want them. But what happens when thousands of sea hares run out of food?

I love natural solutions. But that is a huge egg mass. Thousands of anything bigger than pods is a bit much in the confines of an aquarium.

I'm not a sea hare expert, so I may be overlooking something. Why WOULD you want them?
Ah I see. Well I have the opposite problem lol. My tank is basically an unplanned refugium. My tank was spotless a few years ago and I had a bad crash while out of town and everything died. I kept the rock and sand. Had a bad cyano problem for a year. Got rid of it... And now have a bad hair/turf algae/halmaeda problem. This is the first I've heard of sea hares reproducing in a tank and I think I would love to have that happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mikenh77 is offline   Reply With Quote