Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 01/23/2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Vigil2235
Registered Member
 
Vigil2235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 145
RBTA split newbie

Yesterday when I got home from work noticed my RBTA had and baby RBTA first time is happened for me. Anything I need to do? Should I live it to get light or leave it alone? One more question do I feed it?


Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5022.jpg (48.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5025.jpg (41.8 KB, 51 views)
Vigil2235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2018, 01:19 PM   #2
humphreyhh
Registered Member
 
humphreyhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 427
RBTA split newbie

Just leave it alone. Mine split last year too. Congrats on the baby nem! Feeding is the same as your other anemones. Wait for about a week (after split) before feeding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


humphreyhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2018, 01:46 PM   #3
Vigil2235
Registered Member
 
Vigil2235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by humphreyhh View Post
Just leave it alone. Mine split last year too. Congrats on the baby nem! Feeding is the same as your other anemones. Wait for about a week (after split) before feeding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Does it matter that it's on the sand?


Vigil2235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2018, 03:46 PM   #4
humphreyhh
Registered Member
 
humphreyhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigil2235 View Post
Thanks for the info. Does it matter that it's on the sand?


Btas like to stay on the rock. Usually if I see one laying on the fine sand bed (mine never did) , I would make sure it is close to a rock near by so it can get a chance to attach itself to the rock. They are not able to attach to the fine sand bed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


humphreyhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2018, 10:44 PM   #5
Cancun
Registered Member
 
Cancun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Saint Louis Missouri
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigil2235 View Post
Yesterday when I got home from work noticed my RBTA had and baby RBTA first time is happened for me. Anything I need to do? Should I live it to get light or leave it alone? One more question do I feed it?
Congrats on the baby nem....my Rose BT split 3 times...had it going on 4 years...2 are 12 inches across...and 1 is 8 inches...and the 4th is also 8 inches. The two biggest hang next to each other on one side of the tank...and the other two on the other side. They are beautiful so I am keeping them....but it limits the amount if coral I can put in my tank...they don't move but when the expand they take up a lot of room. Yea make sure he is attached to a rock...wait a week or so...then feed him like normal.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk


__________________
Innovative Marine SR80 80 gallon aquarium....I love wrasses....have leopards....several Coris....and Fairy wrasses....large ORA Deresa Clam....large blue Haddoni carpet....4 Rose BT...split 3 times...

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine 80 gallon SR series
Cancun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2018, 10:47 PM   #6
Cancun
Registered Member
 
Cancun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Saint Louis Missouri
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancun View Post
Congrats on the baby nem....my Rose BT split 3 times...had it going on 4 years...2 are 12 inches across...and 1 is 8 inches...and the 4th is also 8 inches. The two biggest hang next to each other on one side of the tank...and the other two on the other side. They are beautiful so I am keeping them....but it limits the amount if coral I can put in my tank...they don't move but when the expand they take up a lot of room. Yea make sure he is attached to a rock...wait a week or so...then feed him like normal.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Oh yeah and here is a pic of mine...first pic is larger two... second pic is smaller two...

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk


__________________
Innovative Marine SR80 80 gallon aquarium....I love wrasses....have leopards....several Coris....and Fairy wrasses....large ORA Deresa Clam....large blue Haddoni carpet....4 Rose BT...split 3 times...

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine 80 gallon SR series
Cancun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2018, 01:35 AM   #7
ChizerBunoi
Registered Member
 
ChizerBunoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Alberta
Posts: 38
Congrats. It won't be long before your 3 turn into 14.


ChizerBunoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2018, 11:55 PM   #8
Anemone
Cloning Around

 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Valencia, California
Posts: 24,619
Congrats! Just let nature take its course. After several hundred splits, I can honestly say, it gets really old, especially when you want to keep a mixed reef tank.

If you want to keep a mixed reef tank, then take any opportunity when a clone is on a tank wall to gently pry it off (use your fingernail to get under the edge of the 'nem), and put the 'nem in a separate container or tank (and sell it to another reefer or trade it in at your local LFS). If you don't do this, you WILL end up with a BTA specie tank.

Kevin


__________________
Back in the pool, swimming with the sharks...

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 425XL w/Kessil AP700, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 x Vortech MP40s
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.