Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/02/2018, 11:43 AM   #151
outy
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogmanx82 View Post
OK, so now the Jebao is officially in the trash. .
Did you ever completely clean the Impeller?. Its hard to remove the calcium build up on the ceramic shafts, and you did say you had improvement after cleaning.

outy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2018, 01:55 PM   #152
HBtank
Premium Member

Got a 2500 to play with and compare to other DC pumps, even though I hate giving money to IP thieves. Planning on using it for a 30g cube I have in the works for my QT.

I can say for certainty I am not impressed with the build quality. Just feels cheap compared to others. I do like the range of attachments though.

Will see how it holds up!

Current Tank Info: 80g tank, re-starting a reef after a zoanthid nudibranch plauge, followed by months of steady and unstoppable STN/RTN, crashed; stayed FOWLR for a couple years, currently an aiptasia dominated reef tank with fishies and BERGHIA
HBtank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 04:29 PM   #153
Frogmanx82
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outy View Post
Did you ever completely clean the Impeller?. Its hard to remove the calcium build up on the ceramic shafts, and you did say you had improvement after cleaning.
I could not have been any more thorough in the cleaning and it only lasted a month after the cleaning. Its just not what I'm looking for in a pump. Once trust is gone in a relationship you just have to walk away.

Check my homepage for tank pics and details.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon, 2x maxspect R420R LED, 4 Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Flame Angel, Foxface Rabbitfish, Banggai Cardinals, rock flower anemone, cleaner shrimp, serpent star
Frogmanx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2018, 11:52 PM   #154
chunders
Registered Member

I have the Jebao 10000.

I like all the Jebao products, I have the wavemakers as well as the autodoser.

chunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2018, 11:33 AM   #155
outy
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogmanx82 View Post
I could not have been any more thorough in the cleaning and it only lasted a month after the cleaning..
Fair enough, I would recommend the new DCP line which does not have the problems your line was known to have in controller issues.

Old 02/09/2018, 11:57 AM   #156
HBtank
Premium Member

Quote:
Fair enough, I would recommend the new DCP line which does not have the problems your line was known to have in controller issues.
How can you speak to the reliability of something that is new?

Current Tank Info: 80g tank, re-starting a reef after a zoanthid nudibranch plauge, followed by months of steady and unstoppable STN/RTN, crashed; stayed FOWLR for a couple years, currently an aiptasia dominated reef tank with fishies and BERGHIA
Old 02/09/2018, 12:07 PM   #157
outy
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtank View Post
How can you speak to the reliability of something that is new?
We don't see the failures under a year like previous models.

Old 02/09/2018, 12:35 PM   #158
HBtank
Premium Member

Quote:
We don't see the failures under a year like previous models.
So a pump is known for failures on all "previous models", is one you are suddenly confident about reliability with..... but only their "new pump"? Crazy how something that has only been out a short period has less chance for reports on failing, huh?

I have noticed in all the Jeboa threads it is always "get the newest model, that one will be reliable!". I think they have even ran out of letters for power-heads.

I think I see a pattern.

Old 02/09/2018, 12:49 PM   #159
outy
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtank View Post
Crazy how something that has only been out a short period has less chance for reports on failing, huh?

Crazy is how you constantly troll this pump, and everything you have stated has been proven wrong on aquarium pumps.

Fact is hundreds if not thousands have been sold, and no one is in here complaining about failure, yet with Vecra's many complain as many do not make it a year.

SO we do have a credible track record here to deal with.

Old 02/09/2018, 01:37 PM   #160
HBtank
Premium Member

Quote:
Crazy is how you constantly troll this pump, and everything you have stated has been proven wrong on aquarium pumps.

Fact is hundreds if not thousands have been sold, and no one is in here complaining about failure, yet with Vecra's many complain as many do not make it a year.

SO we do have a credible track record here to deal with.
Read the title of the thread buddy...

Long Term Review

The review on the Vectra L1 were phenomenal the first year... but obviously after more time people reported issues. You need a couple years before making any claims on reliability. The OP obviously understood that...

And Outy, the only thing you have proven is your your inability to give advice that is not an exact copy of "how you do it", that and your caustic attitude towards anyone who does not follow the same exact choices you made.

Old 02/09/2018, 01:51 PM   #161
outy
Registered Member.

SO we do have a credible track record here to deal with. The pump has been out on its current form for 15 months.

And almost no complaints. Much better then vectra

Old 02/09/2018, 01:58 PM   #162
outy
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafayettereefer View Post
So how does this help determine if jabaos are worth the investment long term?

Based on how much electricity they save on a yearly basis.

I only have to run one 7 months and it pays for itself

My Iwaki cost over $223 a year to run . at 160W

jebao only cost $76 at 55W