Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 05/23/2018, 04:26 PM   #451
Wally.B
Registered Member

Tank Photo (Armchair Desk View) Tricky Getting Photo with T5 (Coral Plus, Blue Plus Bulbs)

I find that T5 Bulbs especially Blue Plus are Tricky for Photo's.

I need to bring back my RGB White LED Strip.

This Photo is a bit Better with a few Fish to Show Coloration. Bit better too to show the Caves and Nooks and Cranies (with Rock Scape)

Certainly the Tank need some Corals to Color up. Those new Anthias will also help.

But I haven't looked at the Tank for Months. Not even after it was setup 2 months ago.
NOW I stare at it continuously.

Current Tank Info: 90 Gal Mixed Tank (T5,Kessil), 110G Custom In-Wall Office Tank (SPS only: T5 DIY Dimmable, Blue LED Strip, EuroReef Skimmer, DIY Doser, Gyre/Hydor Circ, DC Waveline 10,000 Return, Total Automation [Dual Tank SUMP ROOM] )
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2018, 06:04 PM   #452
reefmutt
Registered Member

Hey Wally! Looking fantastic. The whole basement looks amazing. Such a great job!
Love the Vader nook and the closet.
Tank looks perfect and love your group of anthias.
Looking like it’s time for frags!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2018, 07:08 PM   #453
tenurepro
Registered Member

My Project ★ GENESIS ★ 110G (Miracle) SPS Dream Tank - (II) Build Thread

Got a chance to see the scape and the tank today and the pics donít do it justice... mesmerizing... now letís get the sps game on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenurepro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2018, 07:41 PM   #454
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Hey Wally! Looking fantastic. The whole basement looks amazing. Such a great job!
Love the Vader nook and the closet.
Tank looks perfect and love your group of anthias.
Looking like itís time for frags!
Thanks Matt.
I know where to get some Really Nice Frags (Wink, Wink!!)

Current Tank Info: 90 Gal Mixed Tank (T5,Kessil), 110G Custom In-Wall Office Tank (SPS only: T5 DIY Dimmable, Blue LED Strip, EuroReef Skimmer, DIY Doser, Gyre/Hydor Circ, DC Waveline 10,000 Return, Total Automation [Dual Tank SUMP ROOM] )
Old 05/23/2018, 08:24 PM   #455
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenurepro View Post
Got a chance to see the scape and the tank today and the pics donít do it justice... mesmerizing... now letís get the sps game on!
Thank Tenurepro. Glad you came over, since like you say, pictures don't capture the Successful Layout. (I tried all kind of angles and can't get a good photo....Especially with new T5 Lighting).

You said you would come over with your Super Camera Gear and get a movie....I'll take you up on your offer, and my OLD corals will be here by weekend.

For now I shot this Video with my SLR, which shows the Rock Layout a bit Better.

YOU TUBE VIDEO (ROCK SCAPE)
(All Around View)

https://youtu.be/5_Qynk5p5ic

Video is Uploading and will be available approx. MIDNIGHT May 23,2018

Old 05/23/2018, 08:39 PM   #456
Wally.B
Registered Member

FOUND BLACK CAPPED BASSLET (Alive - moving - Hidden under Rocks)

I got worried about the Black Cap, so got out my Flashing.

Almost gave up, and then noticed a bit a moving BLUE/Purple Tail.

Whew!! He is ok. He'll come out Eventually. I'm sure he managed to grab a bite.

Old 05/24/2018, 12:10 AM   #457
Wally.B
Registered Member

STARTED a new TANK BUILD THREAD (But Will CONTINUE POSTING Details Here)

So I started a new Tank Build Thread. (Timing is Idea...Since TODAY is The TRUE BEGINING on the GENESIS Goal Journey).

https://www(dot)reef(two)reef(dot).com/threads/110-gallon-in-wall-office-dream-sps-reef-tank-project-genesis-total-automation-plus.395704/

Just COPY LINE ABOVE and replace the RED Words with the Appropriate Characters for the URL link

I'll continue here since Reef Central has been my home for years, and the people great.

HOWEVER the main reason (for Thread Build Trial) is the Other Site has a BETTER EDITOR (Makes it easier to use YouTube Videos instead of Double Posting Photos).

We'll see how things go.

Old 05/24/2018, 11:30 AM   #458
Wally.B
Registered Member

Fridge Busted (Shelving Re-used) before Tomorrow's Garbage PICKUP

So our Kitchen Fridge Broke couple of week ago. Been Living out a Mini-Fridge as we shopped for Replacement. (I've fixed it before, but when it come to Compressors, I can't)

I was going to keep the Good Quality Food Grade Shelve for bins, but then I got an IDEA. **TAKE THE PANEL with SHELVES **

WaterPROOF Shelving isn't cheap, and mounting is even more difficult.

I wouldn't do this in a Rec Room, but my Junky Fish Room just got better [Not properly Mounted on Wall, but you get the IDEA)

Old 05/24/2018, 09:15 PM   #459
Wally.B
Registered Member

WOAH!!! (3 Anthias Died....Just like Instantly)

This blows me away. Just before Baseball Practice, all 5 were swimming.

They were eating constantly since I got them yesterday.

I get back from Baseball 3 hours later and only 2 swimming, 3 lying on the bottom of QT.

They did come from 1.014 Salinity System, so I did acclimatize a bit more longer (not baggie method) but a Small Container that I kept topping up (over about 1 hour).

Last night I read they need to be VERY SLOWLY acclimatized. 4 Hours.

If the two make it till tomorrow, I'll get 3 more since I really want a group of these (and eating Anthias an not easy to come by).

Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #460
Wally.B
Registered Member

I posted an Update on my other Thread. Had a Good Day, and a Terrible Day (my Tomini Tang Died).

https:// www(dot)reef(two)reef(dot)com/threads/%E2%98%85-110-gallon-in-wall-office-dream-sps-reef-tank-%E2%98%85-project-genesis-total-automation-plus-%E2%98%85.395704/page-2#post-4766363

I'm not sure which Thread I will continue, but I'll be hopping back and forth till I figure out where things work better for me.

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #461
Rakie
Registered Member

My Lunate wrasse just died the other day too Wally. His face looked funny like he was startled at night and hit the glass or something.. He didn't eat and was hiding for a few days then 4th day gone. Was so quick.

Old Today, 06:37 AM   #462
Wally.B
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
My Lunate wrasse just died the other day too Wally. His face looked funny like he was startled at night and hit the glass or something.. He didn't eat and was hiding for a few days then 4th day gone. Was so quick.
Really Sorry to Hear. Was he special? Been around forever?

And I just checked on the New 5 Anthias. All Alive so far.

With Fish you can always find a replacement (not that you want them to die). Losing a Large SPS Colony that you've grown from a Frag for years is way worse.

Old Today, 10:02 AM   #463
Rakie
Registered Member

Yeah he was a stellar fish to me. I also got a crazy good deal on him, he is a fish I could never afford. If for some crazy reason I could only keep one fish, it would have been this guy.

Photobucket is 100% dead, so not my picture, but this is a Lunate (crescent tail) wrasse.