Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 09/30/2018, 04:43 AM   #1176
HARDROCKS
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Posts: 4
Is #6 really a birdsnest?


HARDROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2018, 10:58 AM   #1177
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDROCKS View Post
Is #6 really a birdsnest?
That actually the one I spent no time to track name and you can see a bigger one in 1171 floor.


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2018, 10:18 PM   #1178
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289




This is what happen when don't do regular maintenance....😭


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2018, 02:31 PM   #1179
africangrey
Registered Member
 
africangrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: N San Jose
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post




This is what happen when don't do regular maintenance....😭
Is that rusty or smudge of organic, if it's a rust, doesn't seems like it negatively impact your tank.

How much postage do you pay for stuffs shipped directly to Taiwan from BRS and how long do you have to wait?


africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2018, 01:05 PM   #1180
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
Is that rusty or smudge of organic, if it's a rust, doesn't seems like it negatively impact your tank.

How much postage do you pay for stuffs shipped directly to Taiwan from BRS and how long do you have to wait?
It is rusty ;-(, but you are right, no noticeable problem so far. I usually PO from a Germany site below, which save 19% sale tax, but pay reasonable postage based on weight. Here is the site https://www.sewatec.de

Here is my first video took after trimming down my staghorn to 1/3 of size and fixing the pump issue. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj56...&feature=share




__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2018, 06:33 PM   #1181
Alex Costa
Registered Member
 
Alex Costa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Itupeva - SP - Brasil
Posts: 595
Still very beatifull, Shih...


__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2018, 11:35 AM   #1182
carrico
Registered Member
 
carrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Brazil - Sao Paulo
Posts: 6
Shih, your reef is an inspiration to me!

Do you still use zeovit and aquaforest together?

After the problem with the algae, did you change a routine in your dosages?

Recently, I had a problem similar to yours with algae and since then I am not dosing the zeovit and aquaforest products.

Thank You!


carrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2018, 11:37 PM   #1183
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
Still very beatifull, Shih...
Thank you my friend.


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2018, 11:44 PM   #1184
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrico View Post
Shih, your reef is an inspiration to me!

Do you still use zeovit and aquaforest together?

After the problem with the algae, did you change a routine in your dosages?

Recently, I had a problem similar to yours with algae and since then I am not dosing the zeovit and aquaforest products.

Thank You!
Yes, I still use KZ for bacteria since I don't want to dramatic change system bacteria. My next tank may go full AF, thought.

I don't think my algae problem early is due to any kind of product, but "change".
My recent algae problem was introduced after I adding Polylab Polypbooster. However, I believe it was due to I add full volume recommended in once. After my algae problem resulted, I start adding Polypbooster again with 1/5 recommended volume and now even I back to full volume recommended and no problem at all.
BTW, I use AF ABEV regularly but twice to 3rd times of recommendation.


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2018, 07:37 AM   #1185
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Still images after a video

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.



__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2018, 07:38 AM   #1186
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
11.


12.


13.


14.


15.


16.


17.


18.


19.


20.



__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2018, 07:38 AM   #1187
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
21.


22.


23.


24.


25.


26.


27.


28.


29.



__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2018, 08:36 AM   #1188
janci
Registered Member
 
janci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UAE - Dubai
Posts: 182
Wow, great photo list.
That number 26. is jaw dropping.


janci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2018, 12:03 PM   #1189
Piper27
I love bengals
 
Piper27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Manassas Virginia
Posts: 2,516
I agree the blue tip green base is beautiful. Nasuta maybe? Looks similar to The colony therman has at the bottom of his cube.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk


Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2018, 03:24 AM   #1190
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by janci View Post
Wow, great photo list.
That number 26. is jaw dropping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
I agree the blue tip green base is beautiful. Nasuta maybe? Looks similar to The colony therman has at the bottom of his cube.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thanks. I canít 100% sure but I think it is Battelcorals Spainbow.


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2018, 06:25 PM   #1191
ReefKeeper64
Custom User Title
 
ReefKeeper64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,153
Just saw your latest video which was incredible as usual. What does Aquaforest ABEV stand for?


__________________
Reef Savvy 110g Tank | GHL Profilux 4 Controller & Doser | Royal Exclusiv Skimmer & Dreambox/Sump | ATI 8x54 Sunpower T5 | Ozotech Ozone Generator
ReefKeeper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2018, 09:24 PM   #1192
Piper27
I love bengals
 
Piper27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Manassas Virginia
Posts: 2,516
Four of their prouducts a b e and v, aminos, build, energy and vitality

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk


Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2018, 10:39 AM   #1193
carrico
Registered Member
 
carrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Brazil - Sao Paulo
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
Yes, I still use KZ for bacteria since I don't want to dramatic change system bacteria. My next tank may go full AF, thought.

I don't think my algae problem early is due to any kind of product, but "change".
My recent algae problem was introduced after I adding Polylab Polypbooster. However, I believe it was due to I add full volume recommended in once. After my algae problem resulted, I start adding Polypbooster again with 1/5 recommended volume and now even I back to full volume recommended and no problem at all.
BTW, I use AF ABEV regularly but twice to 3rd times of recommendation.

Shih wanted to ask another question, please. My system is also a mixer of Aquaforest and Zeovit "Zeoforest or Aquavit". Did you suspend the use of zeovit products (Xtra, Booster, Vitaliser, AAHC ...) by the aquaforest ABEV, or did you do any division during the week using both products? Thank you!


carrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2018, 07:21 PM   #1194
Alex Costa
Registered Member
 
Alex Costa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Itupeva - SP - Brasil
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
Yes, I still use KZ for bacteria since I don't want to dramatic change system bacteria. My next tank may go full AF, thought.
Hi Shih,
What Carbon source are you using?
Regards,
Alex


__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2018, 11:21 PM   #1195
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefKeeper64 View Post
Just saw your latest video which was incredible as usual. What does Aquaforest ABEV stand for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
Four of their prouducts a b e and v, aminos, build, energy and vitality

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Haha. Piper27 is correct and thanks. Aquaforest usually call them AF ABVE, but I can only remember by alphabetical order as ABEV.


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2018, 11:28 PM   #1196
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrico View Post
Shih wanted to ask another question, please. My system is also a mixer of Aquaforest and Zeovit "Zeoforest or Aquavit". Did you suspend the use of zeovit products (Xtra, Booster, Vitaliser, AAHC ...) by the aquaforest ABEV, or did you do any division during the week using both products? Thank you!
I do use Zeovit cure solution and color enhancement solution from time to time, especial Flatworm Stop. But after I ran some IQC test to find out what is inside Zeovit bottle, I start less and less using Zeovit bottles, but directly the elements inside these bottles.


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2018, 12:42 AM   #1197
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
Hi Shih,
What Carbon source are you using?
Regards,
Alex
I use Zeovit Start3 and dilute with Distilled water to 25%, and then dose by GHL 2.1 doser twice a day. Hope this help.


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2018, 07:01 PM   #1198
Alex Costa
Registered Member
 
Alex Costa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Itupeva - SP - Brasil
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
I use Zeovit Start3 and dilute with Distilled water to 25%, and then dose by GHL 2.1 doser twice a day. Hope this help.
It helps....indeed. Thanks..
3 parts of water for 1 part ZeoStart, right?


__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2018, 05:16 AM   #1199
shih87
Registered Member
 
shih87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
It helps....indeed. Thanks..
3 parts of water for 1 part ZeoStart, right?
Yes. Your understanding is correct


__________________
Zeovit DTOTQ Q3 2015
RC TOTM April 2016
Reef Hobbyist Magazine Q2 2017
R二R TOTM Oct 2017
shih87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2018, 06:33 AM   #1200
Alex Costa
Registered Member
 
Alex Costa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Itupeva - SP - Brasil
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
I do use Zeovit cure solution and color enhancement solution from time to time, especial Flatworm Stop. But after I ran some IQC test to find out what is inside Zeovit bottle, I start less and less using Zeovit bottles, but directly the elements inside these bottles.
What products do you have ICP tested. Did you have post the results of the tests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
Yes. Your understanding is correct
Do you made this dilution to make the dosing through GHL doser possible?
How much are you dosing?

Sorry for all those questions......


__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:25 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.