Reef Central Online Community
The Filter Guys

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 05/04/2016, 02:41 PM   #526
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Wow, some stunning corals and they have very very nice colours too! Nice work.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2016, 02:05 AM   #527
rodneyri
Registered Member

Thanks guys, yep couldnt be happier with the low maintenance and ok results so far...well could tune the purples and the blue a bit more.

Bigger pic of the FTS, didnt realise I downsized it so much

Old 05/06/2016, 10:58 AM   #528
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Very nice and very pleasing to the eye.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; Tropic Marin [NP-Bacto-Balance; A-]; GAC
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2016, 12:28 PM   #529
cFloor
Registered Member

Incredible tank! The colors look really really good and of course the layout is one of my favorites. Keep it up!

Instagram: @cfloorsaltwater
cFloor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2016, 12:34 PM   #530
plyle02
Registered Member

Outstanding Rodney!!!

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2016, 12:54 AM   #531
FloformAustria
Registered Member

the rock work in combination with those amazing corals and colors is just crazy!!

Love the tank!!

Flo

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2016, 01:32 AM   #532
rodneyri
Registered Member

Discus so tested the water...dont have a potassium kit right now

PO4 0.02
Cal 420
Alk 6.5

Old 05/08/2016, 01:42 AM   #533
ryanrid
Registered Member

Saw the tank today, first time in a few weeks, Colors are off the chain would think its zeovit

ryanrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2016, 01:34 AM   #534
rodneyri
Registered Member

Who can believe im still running this light lol, fortnightly water change done so took the opportunity to take some snaps

This one is taking off, growing slowly but coloring up like crazy

Month old frag coloring up

Just love this side of my tank

Old 05/22/2016, 10:46 AM   #535
Kbel1969
Registered Member

Beautiful pictures, and that light is doing a great job! I ordered min last week and should be getting it in 3 weeks. I'm still deciding which bulbs to go with, but most people I see are using B+ dominated setups.

Kbel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2016, 09:51 PM   #536
janci
Registered Member

Amazing colours and steady growth. Very beautiful.
Wanted to ask you a question about the Profilux controller. Do you have this connected to the internet by wire or wireless?
I have one coming soon and am wondering how this connection has to be made. Where is my tank I do not have a fixed connection available and need to go wireless to the router.
TIA.

janci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2016, 03:46 PM   #537
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyri View Post
Who can believe im still running this light lol, fortnightly water change done so took the opportunity to take some snaps

This one is taking off, growing slowly but coloring up like crazy

Oh man....... This is something else!

I want this coral like a Joey wants its moma's pouch!! Like a koala wants its gum tree!!
I feel empty without this coral...

Sniffle..

Looking fantastic!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/2016, 03:23 PM   #538
rodneyri
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbel1969 View Post
Beautiful pictures, and that light is doing a great job! I ordered min last week and should be getting it in 3 weeks. I'm still deciding which bulbs to go with, but most people I see are using B+ dominated setups.
Its a top light, I still cant believe im running the same light now for about 6 months lol. I typically settle on half of the tubes being blue and then mix up the others to get the combo you like...as in mix white and purple/pink tubes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janci View Post
Amazing colours and steady growth. Very beautiful.
Wanted to ask you a question about the Profilux controller. Do you have this connected to the internet by wire or wireless?
I have one coming soon and am wondering how this connection has to be made. Where is my tank I do not have a fixed connection available and need to go wireless to the router.
TIA.
I dont have mine setup online, just plug my laptop in if I need to make any changes...which I havent done for years on the profilux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Oh man....... This is something else!

I want this coral like a Joey wants its moma's pouch!! Like a koala wants its gum tree!!
I feel empty without this coral...

Sniffle..

Looking fantastic!
This one came from being average to a superstar, its really amazing to see in real. The colors are super rich

Old 08/09/2016, 06:03 AM   #539
thscho
Registered Member

Hi,

You have a really nice tank!

Why did you go with T5 only and did not stay with a Hybrid like your ATI or the PS Hyperion S?

Regards,
Thomas

thscho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2017, 11:26 PM   #540
rodneyri
Registered Member

Been a long time since ive been on here...well tank had AEFW from some frags - end result tank wiped out. Bubble algae take over, even my snails have it growing on them lol and aiptasia everywhere.

So seems like a few on here are in the same boat and doing a reset, unfortunately that rock work is binned too many pests in it so its getting pulled out this weekend.

Plan of attack is to take out the rock and sand (toss it away). Keep the tank running for a couple weeks to make sure no bubble alage grows then put in the new rock - ive starting building the new scape which is alwasy fun ...trying to avoid emptying the whole tank as it will be almost impossible for me to find somewhere for my fish to stay during the change over.

And in my normal style im eyeing off Radion G4 Pro's....hmmm now to just resist and keep on with my Diuna lol

Old 01/30/2017, 06:50 AM   #541
markalot

Oh man, sorry about the AEFW. I'm at the point where it looks like I'm pest free and scared to add anything new, even though I lack some of the better looking acros. I hope you have some fun with the "restart", can't wait to see the results.

Old 01/30/2017, 11:29 AM   #542
tang daddy
Registered Member

Sorry to hear the bad news bro, I think everyone on this forum has encountered those bastard worms one time or another. The bubble algae can be fixed with a healthy dose of vibrant. I recently had a bad strain like you and it took only 4months before the stuff was growing everywhere like you described. In my gyre on snails even overtaking expensive chalices. I was at a loss but there was a thread on this magic stuff that would rid pest algaes. Anyhow with lots invested and a losing battle of the bubble algae I had no choice but to try. To my astonishment with only 1 dose the bubble algae has melted. You may want to try a fish to rid your aptaisia, heard the tasseled tile fish are good for those.
I didn't skim through your thread that well but maybe if you have the room setting up a frag tank to quarantine the new sps might be the way to go this time around...

tang daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2017, 02:37 AM   #543
rodneyri
Registered Member

Well tank is pulled apart today...busy on new scape and here is a teaser of work so far, its a mix of texas rock, real reef rock (amazing) and dried out rock

This time wanted to keep the height the same but raise the lower part of the scape and make it chunkier so the fish have more homes

Old 02/05/2017, 04:03 AM   #544
janci
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyri View Post
Well tank is pulled apart today...busy on new scape and here is a teaser of work so far, its a mix of texas rock, real reef rock (amazing) and dried out rock

This time wanted to keep the height the same but raise the lower part of the scape and make it chunkier so the fish have more homes
Nice workmanship. Well done.
The centre of the rocks has holes for the fish to enter?
What height for the rocks do you use in comparison to the height of the tank?

janci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2017, 04:30 AM   #545
rodneyri
Registered Member

In the pic its 1600 long and 250mm high...I think ill make the rock on the right side a bit longer to close the gap on the left rock but not join them

Old 02/05/2017, 07:48 PM   #546
ashish
Registered Member

Why are you changing it? I like the new one but older one still is great. I guess reefers always find something to change!

ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2017, 09:10 PM   #547
ryanrid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish View Post
Why are you changing it? I like the new one but older one still is great. I guess reefers always find something to change!
see above
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyri
unfortunately that rock work is binned too many pests in it so its getting pulled out this weekend.

ryanrid is offline   Reply With Quote