Reef Central Online Community
The Filter Guys

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 09/17/2018, 06:39 AM   #1
jestronix
Registered Member

1M Plasma Cube - 140g

Hi All,

I have been reefing for 10 years now and always wanted a large cube tank. I decided to go as big as I can as a renter. If I ever own a home I'll probably dedicate an entire wall, but for now my new 1m x 1m x .5m will be a step up in size that will allow a good amount space.

This time round I made sure that this tank would be easy to access, with 500mm height its easy to access the entire tank by reach. Also the one meter square layout fits perfect to the light distribution of the LEP Plasma light.

I had the tank made by Dennison Seeto who makes some of the best custom tanks here in Brisbane.

I've had the front panel made of 12mm starfire glass, I couldn't afford all three panels but I feel it will allow for some nice front viewing and highlight the difference starfire can make.

Plasma full spectrum is pretty impressive for growth, so I'd like to give it a proper test. With a bulb life of 50,000 hours and energy usage sitting between led and T5 they are a pretty good option. This the the 41.01 bulb with less red spectrum. I look forward to seeing how it does over the next year. I'll run this as my main growth light and use my two Ai Primes as General nighttime viewing.

For flow I'll be using 3x MP40s along the back panel all on different modes to randomise as much as possible and hide them.

Hopefully it will be wet in the next week or so.

jestronix is offline   Reply With Quote