Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 02/11/2018, 06:56 AM   #876
Alex Costa
Registered Member
 
Alex Costa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Itupeva - SP - Brasil
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
I HAAAVVVEEEE AAACCCRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S *ahem*
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
Today I added several tester pieces into the tank a shortcake, a spath and a tricolour type thing! Should give a well covered base to know what's going on in the tank :beach bum: in time for some Red Dragon, WWC Pink Cadillac and Bubblegum Digi to arrive for me later this week
We don't have tricolour things here......or have, but i can't pay for it.....



__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2018, 07:27 AM   #877
Pife
Registered Member
 
Pife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
I HAAAVVVEEEE AAACCCRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S *ahem*

Today I added several tester pieces into the tank a shortcake, a spath and a tricolour type thing! Should give a well covered base to know what's going on in the tank :beach bum: in time for some Red Dragon, WWC Pink Cadillac and Bubblegum Digi to arrive for me later this week


It finally has some again!!
She was lost while I was away no idea why but it was a sad lost that hurt a lot but sometimes these things happen so I'll be on the hunt for some new babies!
Heck yes! And you're getting those pieces over there? Oh yea you also know that hi need pictures to prove so this! Congrats on finally having real coral again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


__________________
Brandon


I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2018, 05:59 PM   #878
Wrangy
Acrotrooper
 
Wrangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss


We don't have tricolour things here......or have, but i can't pay for it.....
Oh it's exciting times here!! I'm just happy to have them back again!

It's a rather nice, delicate tri-colour, not like the usual valida that's available too


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
Heck yes! And you're getting those pieces over there? Oh yea you also know that hi need pictures to prove so this! Congrats on finally having real coral again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Heck yes indeed!! and I am lol
I need to get the real camera out and get some nice pics soon enough, nothing yet as it's pretty boring haha rocks and three sticks!


__________________
Dom

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2018, 06:08 PM   #879
plyle02
Registered Member
 
plyle02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Helen, FL
Posts: 5,529
Hi Dom,
What is up my friend, I have been lurking, and sort of trying to create my own new reef as well. Hope your visit to the states was great, and look forward to seeing what is up your sleeve mate Cheers my friend!


__________________
Perry

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2018, 10:16 PM   #880
martinphillip03
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,308
I know of an excellent reef photographer! Some of his stuff is from NASA. He is very much in demand. But say the word and I will see what I can do.

Marty



Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
I need to get the real camera out and get some nice pics soon enough, nothing yet as it's pretty boring haha rocks and three sticks!



martinphillip03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2018, 11:04 PM   #881
Rakie
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,096
What are these 3 sticks you speak of?! They're the most important thing in your tank besides the baby borb


Rakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2018, 12:08 AM   #882
DesertReefT4r
Registered Member
 
DesertReefT4r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
I HAAAVVVEEEE AAACCCRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S *ahem*

Today I added several tester pieces into the tank a shortcake, a spath and a tricolour type thing! Should give a well covered base to know what's going on in the tank :beach bum: in time for some Red Dragon, WWC Pink Cadillac and Bubblegum Digi to arrive for me later this week


It finally has some again!!
She was lost while I was away no idea why but it was a sad lost that hurt a lot but sometimes these things happen so I'll be on the hunt for some new babies!
Sucks you lost the clam, sorry to hear that. I have had many over the years. Most do well , some arw super hardy and others just die overnight when the day before seemed healthy. I had a tiny maxima that survived a 3 day car ride and then lived happily in a 6g Nano Cube for 3 month, lived tnrough pinched mantel twice. Alao had a crocea rhat was doing great, growing colorful then just died over night.


__________________
Tank history 29g tropical ,55g cichlid tank, 20H softy reef, 29g mixed reef, 20H brackish goby & puffer tank, 55g mixed reef, 6g Nanocube softy lps reef, 40B sps reef, 75g sps reef, 75g sps reef in bu

Current Tank Info: 75g sps reef build in the works.
DesertReefT4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2018, 03:15 AM   #883
biggles
Registered Member
 
biggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
What are these 3 sticks you speak of?! They're the most important thing in your tank besides the baby borb
Borb smorb...........






__________________
Andrew
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2018, 04:22 PM   #884
martinphillip03
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,308
Snap!

Marty


Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
Borb smorb...........






martinphillip03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2018, 06:21 PM   #885
joshky
Acros & Wrasses
 
joshky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central KY
Posts: 2,546
Dom I'm really sorry to hear about the clam, that really bites. Do you plan on replacing it, or has Andrew talked you into doing more acros?


__________________
Josh

My 80g: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2677031
joshky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2018, 06:00 PM   #886
reefmutt
Registered Member
 
reefmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mtl. Canada
Posts: 7,856
Dom.. I’m waiting for pics of your acros..


...and I am trying desperately (failing) to unsee that golden red orb of utter delight that biggles the photo-bomber seared into my brain.
It was like a shot of crack... I neeeeeeeeeeeeed more.... I am weak.... wea... ... no... yes..


__________________
Matt.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2018, 05:29 PM   #887
Wrangy
Acrotrooper
 
Wrangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by plyle02 View Post
Hi Dom,
What is up my friend, I have been lurking, and sort of trying to create my own new reef as well. Hope your visit to the states was great, and look forward to seeing what is up your sleeve mate Cheers my friend!
Hey Perry!
I've been following along and I think you're a little further along than I am lol I thoroughly enjoyed the States and will definitely be going back again! Hopefully for MACNA at some stage too!
If the guys at Sustainable Reef's and Andrew continue to have anything to do with me, then the tank will be filled with goodies in no time! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
I know of an excellent reef photographer! Some of his stuff is from NASA. He is very much in demand. But say the word and I will see what I can do.

Marty
haha I have a mate with some rather good skills in photography that wants to come round and do some shots so when the tank is a little more lively then it'll be high class pics ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
What are these 3 sticks you speak of?! They're the most important thing in your tank besides the baby borb
SSC, Spath and tricolour I also have a few new super secret frags from a friend that I will post someday Baby borb isn't so baby anymore haha he's turning into a real guts now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertReefT4r View Post
Sucks you lost the clam, sorry to hear that. I have had many over the years. Most do well , some arw super hardy and others just die overnight when the day before seemed healthy. I had a tiny maxima that survived a 3 day car ride and then lived happily in a 6g Nano Cube for 3 month, lived tnrough pinched mantel twice. Alao had a crocea rhat was doing great, growing colorful then just died over night.
Yeah, it was a huge bummer given that she's been with me for 4 or 5 years now These things happen though and I'll get a couple of newbies in the coming months though

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
Borb smorb...........



Oh I saw that!! I'm coming for you soon enough haha I'll swap you the big bag of RS Blue Bucket for a bunch of frags

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshky View Post
Dom I'm really sorry to hear about the clam, that really bites. Do you plan on replacing it, or has Andrew talked you into doing more acros?
Thanks Josh, I'll definitely be getting some more clams that's for sure!! It's not a reef without clams for me. Andrew can complain as much as he wants (and he will!!) but I'll still be adding some haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Dom.. Iím waiting for pics of your acros..


...and I am trying desperately (failing) to unsee that golden red orb of utter delight that biggles the photo-bomber seared into my brain.
It was like a shot of crack... I neeeeeeeeeeeeed more.... I am weak.... wea... ... no... yes..
Well I have the camera back so maybe over the weekend I'll take some more shots

He's a terrible person isn't he! He's terrorizing one of the facebook pages at the moment too, he's an unstoppable acro porn posting force!!


__________________
Dom

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2018, 02:20 AM   #888
biggles
Registered Member
 
biggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
Oh I saw that!! I'm coming for you soon enough haha I'll swap you the big bag of RS Blue Bucket for a bunch of frags
You have no idea what i can now do with pigments Domster.......... you like non BS WD blue led colored tennuis i bet......... like, real colors.....




__________________
Andrew
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2018, 04:09 PM   #889
martinphillip03
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,308
Dom, that is such a nice frag Andrew is giving you. What a good friend!

Marty


Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
You have no idea what i can now do with pigments Domster.......... you like non BS WD blue led colored tennuis i bet......... like, real colors.....




martinphillip03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2018, 04:22 PM   #890
reefmutt
Registered Member
 
reefmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mtl. Canada
Posts: 7,856
I need a friend like that!


__________________
Matt.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2018, 06:19 PM   #891
Pife
Registered Member
 
Pife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7,064
Who doesn't need a friend like that?


__________________
Brandon


I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018, 03:25 PM   #892
Wrangy
Acrotrooper
 
Wrangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
You have no idea what i can now do with pigments Domster.......... you like non BS WD blue led colored tennuis i bet......... like, real colors.....

Oh I have some ideas what you can do


Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
Dom, that is such a nice frag Andrew is giving you. What a good friend!

Marty
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
I need a friend like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
Who doesn't need a friend like that?
Yeah, I suppose he's not too bad to keep around


__________________
Dom

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018, 03:29 PM   #893
Wrangy
Acrotrooper
 
Wrangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,607
Well I have a couple of small updates on the tank and life. Firstly we got a second kitten so we now have a two cat household again. Let me introduce the naughtiest kitten in the world, Agatha:


She's an Australian Bombay or known as a Mandalay here and we got lucky getting her so soon as there's only 4 breeders in the country and the waiting list is usually 2 years! Our Burmese, Minsky, wasn't particularly pleased by this little ball of terror but they do alright now!




Don't let her fool you, she's extremely cheeky!



__________________
Dom

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018, 03:57 PM   #894
Wrangy
Acrotrooper
 
Wrangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,607
Now, back on track with some actual tank updates! lol I spent some time last week re-adjusting the lighting to mount it a little higher and it gives me so much more breathing room on top of the tank! A bit of steel tube was all that was needed but much nicer already!






Because of the increased height I was now able to remove the glass cover off the lights for some more oomph!


Now I can hear you saying "but Dom you've still got that awful mesh and blu-tac sh!t going on!?" well I say to you not for long! I've got a lid made by the guys at Top Lids coming all the way from the US to pretty up the tank finally!! I would highly recommend Fabio and his team for a lid as it's been an absolute pleasure dealing with them!



__________________
Dom

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018, 03:58 PM   #895
Wrangy
Acrotrooper
 
Wrangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,607
The biggest change that's happened in the tank is my dosing run down and I couldn't be happier with the changes that I've made and the products I've been using. I have been using the Coral Essentials Trace Elements for some time now but I've expanded into their Vitamins, Aminos, KI3 (lugols) and I cannot wait to try their newest product group, "The Juice" that Andrew keeps raving about! Well it's actually called Chroma+, Vibrance+ and Energy+ and it's meant to be the god particle of acro keeping so we'll see how it goes when I can get my grubby mits onto it haha


My turn to share one of Christians AMAZING pieces too


Aside from all of that the tank is doing really well, the colours are coming along and everyone is happy, fat and peaceful Work is busy but great!



__________________
Dom

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018, 04:35 PM   #896
cFloor
Registered Member
 
cFloor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,543
It’s good seeing an update Dom. That lid turned out really nice!


__________________
250g. SPS tank

Instagram: @cfloorsaltwater
cFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018, 06:42 PM   #897
Pife
Registered Member
 
Pife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7,064
Where do I start? Your kitty is a cute little fur ball! Are you a fan of the TV show vikings? Her name makes me think of that show. That lid is sick! Believe it or not I actually have some coral essentials sitting here at my house. The owners were nice enough to send some over for me to try out. You guys are tremendously lucky to have a diver like Christian. I'm envious of his skill. And lastly what type of mining do you do? I've worked at several quarries through my life. Good luck and good day. Oh yeah, where are the pictures of the coral in your tank?


__________________
Brandon


I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2018, 11:50 AM   #898
reefmutt
Registered Member
 
reefmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mtl. Canada
Posts: 7,856
Looking good Dom!
Interested to see your experience with the god particles.
And that kitten looks like a cat in sheeps clothing. She must be sneaky!


__________________
Matt.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 4x AI prime 6xt5 3x150w mh. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2018, 06:05 PM   #899
glaukos
Registered Member
 
glaukos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,095
Lid looks really nice bud,great result!
The look of Agatha(after Brandon mentioned Vikings I thought so too that lagertha would be a nice name )in the first pic says it all
Keep her happy and fed, otherwise you should better sleep with one eye open


__________________
Mike
Just doing my hobby and having great fun with it....no room/need for drama:) the only way to win with a toxic person, is not to play
glaukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2018, 08:27 PM   #900
Wrangy
Acrotrooper
 
Wrangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by cFloor View Post
Itís good seeing an update Dom. That lid turned out really nice!
Thanks Conor the lid looks beautiful! I can't wait for it to arrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
Where do I start? Your kitty is a cute little fur ball! Are you a fan of the TV show vikings? Her name makes me think of that show. That lid is sick! Believe it or not I actually have some coral essentials sitting here at my house. The owners were nice enough to send some over for me to try out. You guys are tremendously lucky to have a diver like Christian. I'm envious of his skill. And lastly what type of mining do you do? I've worked at several quarries through my life. Good luck and good day. Oh yeah, where are the pictures of the coral in your tank?
She's like a Viking the way she storms around the house haha I've only seen part of the first season but I loved it! I just haven't sat down to binge it yet!
Make sure you get the three new products I think they're going to be absolute winners! We're aamazingly lucky to have Christian and Rick looking after us and doing what they do!

I'm actually a civil engineer but the company I work for work works with all the quarries in Victoria and the big coal mines in the Hunter Valley! The guys in Vic are pretty much all granite and basalt due to the volcanic activity that was here many moons ago lol. We do a lot of blast and explosives work and vibration related work

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Looking good Dom!
Interested to see your experience with the god particles.
And that kitten looks like a cat in sheeps clothing. She must be sneaky!
Thanks Matt I'm definitely looking forward to it as well given how well the tank has responded to the other products
She's an absolute devil haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaukos View Post
Lid looks really nice bud,great result!
The look of Agatha(after Brandon mentioned Vikings I thought so too that lagertha would be a nice name )in the first pic says it all
Keep her happy and fed, otherwise you should better sleep with one eye open
Thanks Mike! Yes the first pic does say it all, that's exactly what she's like, the terror of the household! Haha don't worry, she gets exactly what she wants or she lets you know haha


__________________
Dom

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.